The concept of a portable computer that brought Lenovo recently attracted much attention. Moreover, unique design, which allows an ultrabook can be converted like a tablet without wasting so much functionality. After they successfully spawned Thinkpad Twist products in the US market, now they come back introduction the latest products, Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga to hit the market around February 3, 2013.
Key Specifications Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13-Inch
- OS: Windows® 8
- Display: 13.3-Inch HD+ IPS LED 16:9 aspect ratios; resolutions up to 1600 X 900p display with 10-point capacitive multi-touch technology
- Processor: Intel® Core® i5-3337U
- Memory: 4GB
- Storage: 128 SSD
- Graphics: Intel® HD 4000
- Camera: Integrated 720p HD webcam
- I/O Ports: 1x@USB 2.0, 1x@USB 3.0 Ports, 2-in-1 card reader, HDMI, Bluetooth Version 4.0, Wireless (802.11bgn), 1 stereo headphone output - mic input combo jack
- Battery: 4 Cell Li-Polymer
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 13.10 x 8.90 x 0.67 inches
- Weight: 3.3 pounds
- Color: Gray
- Price Range: $905.00 - $1,099.99
Ultrabook OverviewConcept brought IdeaPad Yoga is actually almost the same as the ThinkPad Twist that could be converted into such a computer tablet, just a little different on the display panel. However, IdeaPad Yoga comes with a slightly more luxurious specification and almost equivalent to the MacBook Air MD231LL/A.
As heart, ultrabook uses an Intel Core i5-3337U that has two cores and 3MB of cache memory with an 1800 MHz processor speed that can be increased up to 2700 MHz thanks to Intel Turbo Boost technology. Ultrabook IdeaPad Yoga is equipped with 4 GB RAM and 128 GB SSD, which allows the shorten boot time when loading Windows 8.
Ultrabook IdeaPad Yoga is portable computer devices are thin and lightweight. Uniquely, this device can be converted into a tablet by folding the screen. IdeaPad Yoga has a multi-touch screen measuring 13.3 inches; its thickness reaches 0.67 inches and weighs about 3.3 pounds only. The two-hinge design allows the use of four positions: notebook, tablet, stand, and tent - in one computer. From several series that introduced to the market, it seems this Ultrabook IdeaPad Yoga series is the most attention.
Pros and Cons Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga Convertible Ultrabook
- Solid and well made
- Fast boot times thanks to SSD
- Great quality IPS glossy display
- 3rd generation Intel® Processor; Core® i5-3337U quite fast and efficient
- Fairly battery life (around 4 hours)
- 10-point capacitive multi-touch technology
- Unique Design concept; 360 degree convertible hinge design allows 4 modes
- AccuType Keyboard
- No VGA port
- Lack USB ports
- The Touch screen glass can pick up fingerprints
- No backlit keyboard
- No optical drive
- The storage only 128 GB, but this is an SSD that the transfer data more fastest than traditional HDD
Even the price range slightly expensive but if you are looking a touch screen convertible windows 8 ultrabook that has some premium features, this Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13-inch screen is just right for productivity; it is slim, lightweight, beautiful looks, portable and unique design.